Enterprise mobility is much more than just a network. It is an environment that enables people to work from anywhere, on any device, at any time. To create such an environment you need to build a fixed network within your facilities that can support a wireless environment. This will enable you to provide your staff and guests with secure access to corporate data, applications and services.
A properly designed enterprise network also generates data insights that can help you to:
- Understand how employees and guests use company facilities
- Gain valuable insights into the efficiency and effectiveness of office environments
- Identify your most effective and efficient workers so that their habits can be applied to improve less productive teams
- Quantify key personnel risks by identifying where there is a high level of reliance particular individuals
- Measure employees’ engagement to support employee wellbeing initiatives and identify any staff who may at risk of leaving your organisation
Beyond the confines of your office, the enterprise mobility platform allows your people to access digital assets via cellular, public Wi-Fi, or other guest networks on any device.
Bring your own device (BYOD) is a concept in which employees use their personal devices (smartphones, tablets, etc.) to work wherever and whenever suits them.
Employees now expect this level of freedom and flexibility. They check their emails on their smartphones on their way to work in the morning. Field salespeople often make pit-stops at coffee shops to take advantage of free Wi-Fi to respond to customer inquiries or move business opportunities along.
Executives often entertain clients out of normal working hours and want to stay in touch with whatever’s going on via their smartphones or tablets. Today’s working patterns have an ebb and flow that disregards the traditional 9-5, five days a week format.
Smartphone adoption is growing at more than 50% each year. This means that a further 1.2 billion smartphones will enter the global working arena over the next five years.
BYOD is about a mobility experience that exceeds expectations. Smartphones, tablets, and the cloud make it easier for employees to work with corporate data wherever they need to be. But it can present a serious corporate risk. Your data could easily end up in the wrong hands should an employee device be lost or stolen.Discover Solutions